Monday, February 23, 2015

Something about Life and Lemons...

Today, something really struck me. While I was driving into work, I saw a homeless lady. She was panhandling in the middle of a divided road. She had taken a cart from a nearby store and laid it sideways on the ground. This thus made an impromptu chair for sitting. All I could think was, "WOW! How resourceful!"

That's really something I've come to learn to appreciate as a dad. I've done the 'bottle under the chin' trick. I've perfected the cooking with the kid on the kitchen floor. I've even gone so far as keys on a lanyard so I can be on the computer while the kid is on the couch next to me playing tug of war. But I have never thought of taking a shopping cart and making a chair. That was damn near genius level life hack.

That is something I would like to instill in you, Reader. Take what the world gives you and make the best of it. If life gives you shopping carts, make a chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment